We strive to provide opportunity for people to reach out beyond the church boundary and into the community. This is done several ways:
- The committee provides some funding to local charities such as food banks, shelters, health clinics etc.
- A handy-man program will provide minor house repair for those who cannot afford it. This program also builds handicap ramps in the community where needed.
- We support missionaries in Africa and Haiti.
- We support the local youth summer program called MERGE in cooperation with the North Ga Baptist Association
- In the past we have pack food for the Stop Hunger Now Program.
- The youth have packed flood buckets for disaster relief.
- United Methodist Women and Men report through this committee and provide support for many projects including: stuffed toys for the hospital, food-clothing- toys for holidays, bereavement meals, Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts.
The Committee can use your help for projects when they occur. Make your willingness to work known to the chairpersons.