We strive to provide opportunity for people to reach out beyond the church boundary and into the community. This is done several ways:
- The committee provides some funding to local charities such as food banks, shelters, health clinics etc.
- A handy-man program will provide minor house repair for those who cannot afford it. This program also builds handicap ramps in the community where needed.
- We support missionaries in Africa and Haiti.
- We support the local youth summer program called MERGE in cooperation with the North Ga Baptist Association
- In the past we have pack food for the Stop Hunger Now Program.
- The youth have packed flood buckets for disaster relief.
- United Methodist Women and Men report through this committee and provide support for many projects including: stuffed toys for the hospital, food-clothing- toys for holidays, bereavement meals, Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts.
The Committee can use your help for projects when they occur. Make your willingness to work known to the chairpersons.
For further information, please contact Rev. Don Thrasher at 706-886-9446 or firstname.lastname@example.org .